Friday, May 23, 2008
4:03 PM

Day 5 of OBS.
Our watch woke up the latest at 6.30! (Elton ah, slackzzz.)Some other watches came to annoy us with their good morning in different languages(English, Chinese, Jap, Malay etc) Hhahaa it was actually quite funny. One of them asked how to say Goodmorning in Jap then Huiyan answered their question(HAHA!) while she was still in the tent, half-awake I think.

Started washing and washing the blue _ tubs.


Hannah Montanah the Banana(AH SO FUN HER NAME) and XX!!

Packing of the store. Hanging up ponchos.

Trekking bags. The coolest!! It's like a bottomless pit.
Breakfast!:

Aviatorzzzz, Harndsome. *coughs*

We requested to take pictures upon the same rockwall like we did as Cousteau on day 1.

HAHAHAHA. Mmm, We can be very very serious..

But..WE PLAY CRAZY TOO!!!!

The Love.


Isabella!!! Note her shirt. We were teasing her like crazy about her scandalous attire, boyfriend shirt (sometimes, off-shoulder)and fbt! Pornstar! ;D

JUMPSHOT!!!! Beaming faces.
After that we went to get our souveniers from the souvenier shop. Cousteau gathered to do some kinda reflection and all the evaluation forms for OBS. Yea and instead of doing reflections on our OBS journal, we passed the journal around for each Cousteau member to write a message. :) I was writing essays on the journals man. Got our obs certificate. Passed reese hers, and she passed me mine. *BIG HUGS*
Then in front of the assembly hall, we finally did the dance!!! Was damn embarrassing (cause other watches were well, watching), yet the shiokest. Together. Adrenaline rush. Just wanted to keep doing our dance forever.

Getting ready to do our performance one last time for Elton! (Strictly for Cousteau)
1) Gay pose!
2) Chipmunk face!

3)WE ARE THE COUSTEAU FAMILY! And thank you....

4)E-L-T-O-N!!!!!!! I'll never ever forget that.

Elton wanted us to teach us this. Dance kinda thing which consisted of some kicking and such, but it was too complicated for amateurs like us, so he did it with another instructor!


Parting sucks : ( The last shot, but not the last of us.
(Gay pose btw!!!)
Elton didn't get to send us off or officially bid us farewell.. While we were getting debriefed and all, he signalled that he had to go and waved a goodbye :( :( :( :(

Away from pulau ubin, on punggol jetty.

Cheers!! To Cousteau.

: ' (
On the way back to school on the bus, few of us were singing all the songs we sang during trekking. We sang them out loud, so loud, sang our hearts out like nobody's business. Wanted to cry.
OBS was a hell of a wicked ride. Realised all the friends that I made there and had fun and gayed together and sang together there, I never ever knew them before. Thanks for all of that. I wasn't expecting much from OBS actually. In fact, on the first day, I was quite uncertain about everything cause I didn't know most of the team members and we seemed dead quiet and SOLEMN. I got so much more out of obs than i expected.( I think everyone did actually) Expect the unexpected. Perseverance prevails when all else fails. Stay calm. Rugged.
Typed this on 19 May:
Reality is boring, wish i were back in OBS.
There you just have to concentrate on the task given to you and put your heart to it. Hundred times more exciting and it generates so much adrenaline rush which. feels good :) Gruelling it may be, tiring and physically straining it may be, but the satisfaction you gain is really otherworldly. Plus, i don't know. I was just willing to commit myself to the activities cause I knew at the end of the day, i would gain something valuable yet priceless. Also as I saw the team (camp 2 beta, cousteau) striving hard, suffering, it also pushed me, out of the comfort zone to achieve much greater things. Everyday, you anticipate to finish that particular activity you are engaged in, so you work real hard to end it. Ending really brought about so much joy but the process hides so much underlying meaning. And I really love everything there. No worries. I feel at home there man( other than the dirt and gruff and smelliness and SWEAT yarks, but they don't matter.) The warmth from Cousteau, Elton and HAHA (surprisingly,)THE CAMPSITES. Even the super mundane things like packing campbag seem heh, memorable and fun? Wouldn't ever trade Cousteau&Elton for any other.

Still feel the same way. I know sooner or later, I will get over this missing phase, but till then, I just wanna relive all the memories.
I feel ultra proud when I wear the OBS tee. Been there, done that, love it.