Thursday, May 22, 2008
5:02 PM
1 week ago, Thursday 1508, Land expedition.
Set off from Jelutong to Camp 2. Trekking for approx 9 hours with 12 kg bags 12km, I'll never forget. Omgosh it was the worst, yet the best, the most tiring, yet the most fun. Throughout trekking, we sang and sang and sang - some very meaningful ones, some just for the fun ;D
1)Remember the days, we set out together with faith.
Remember the times, so fine, when we thought that nothing could stand in our way.
Then things weren't the same, the life that we knew had to change.
We struggled through the darkest storms(sea expedition!!!!) We thought we couldn't tame
Together we triedorstrive, as we stood side, by side.
I know we'll build a new world a world of hope forever after.
Deep in my heart, I just know.
Right from the start we will grow
Look where we are, we've come so far.
And there's still a long long way to go.
With all of my heart, I will care.
I'll play my part, I will share.
With cousteau and friends, together we'll stand.
And in the end, hand in hand.We will get there.
2)If we hold on together
Don't lose your way, with each passing day.
You've come so far, Don't throw it away.
~~~~~~~~
If we hold on together, I know our dreams will never die.
Dream sees us through, to forever.
As clouds roll by, for you and I.
3) * Intro bass bass*( Cool shizz)
When the night has come, and the land is dark.
And the moon, is the only light we'll see.
No I won't be afraid, no I-i-i won't be afraid.
Just as long, as you stand, stand by me.
So darling, darling! Stand~ By me. Oh~
Stand by me. Oh~ Stand, stand by me.
Hakuna Matata( Reese da Timon!), Where I belong, Pass it on, Home, Stand by me, True, Sway. Singing our hearts out together was great. (We sounded very powderful together,serious :D)Fuelled us and gave us that mighty push, to continue walking walking walking, however tiring and gruelling it was.Sang other songs like Apologise, Boulevard of Broken dreams together with Elton(From choir one ok!) HAHA including all the mimicking of musical instruments from the introduction of songs.
Talked about almost everything during trekking and breaks- birthdays, foodplaces, dating, chinese bands, etc etc! Elton's pay, age,course in poly( HURHUR the fixing-lifts-engineer look), yada yada yada. Oya he also consulted us about his hairstyle(!!!) HAHAHA and showed us his pictures. Many funny happenings during trekking too. When isabella asked a large group of guys trekking, "are you all from Crescent Girls' school" . She was probably in a state of extensive fatigue.
Went to tallest point in Ubin and SHOUTED with all our might: COUSTEAU! RUGGED! ELTON! Echo. It felt good. I know it sounds stupid but, it sounded like the whole island acknowledged and approved of our presence. The echo just like came from various directions and surrounded us. Which was. Cool.
Ate oranges with hannah banana and upon knowing the orange peel/skin was biodegradable, we had tons of fun throwing them into the forest! :D
The whole land expedition was really extremely Tiring, Back-breaking, almost tortorous(carrying the bag) Carrying the tent was darned dreadful. Managed to hang on and we wanted so so so so badly to reach camp 2 ASAP. The journey seemed never-ending!!!
So when we reached camp2,you cannot imagine the sense of satisfaction/happiness/relief that we experienced. Overwhelming, yes. Marched into camp2 while singing:
Oh when cousteau, goes marching in. Oh when cousteau goes marching in!
I can't remember if we were like jumping or hugging or anything like that after reaching camp2. Gathered & YAM-SENGED so loudly then elton got drenched. After that, had a talk. Emo momo. What we accomplished, what we had gone through,together, as a watch. Can't find the words to string up our emotions then and now. Crap,would take another shot at trekking again.

See HOW HAPPY WE WERE!!!!

Laughing maniacs!!!

Huiyan complained when I took this shot at this uber cool angle : ( HAHA

Hannah montanah and fadhillah fatimah!!

Hockey players, wearing same coloured clothes, for two consecutive days!!! 8 )

Xiuxian. FATS!!! Aviator & Sunglasses. Too cool for you 8 ) HAHAHA

Thx fadhillah( aka FATIMAH) for peeling my oranges throughout the whole 5 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have yet to master the skill. *hangs head in shame*

Pornstar ::)

Saxy!~
Celebration dinner. TO COOK UP A STORM, quote Elton

Christabel and her speciality! Double curry instant noodles. Delicious! Chrissy saxy maggaye.

Preparation!

Apple crumble pie which was MAMAMIA~ from fongx2

Our presentation of food was the coolest, no doubt. A meal put together, with plenty of lurvvvv, sweat(we still hadn't bathed. For two days in fact since we didn't get to bathe on the 3rd night omgosh....and were still in sweaty,stinky trekking attire).

"Husband- material" Wa see that smirk on his face! Tsktsk




:D COUSTEAU, dining. Everytime we wanted to ask someone to help us take a groupshot, elton would shout to any random passerby " EH YOU!!" very loudly HAHA.

Much love.
Oya Elton fell down after dinner. Woopz. Butt pain.

Christabel and her powder after shower!!!
Xiufat and I went to wash the frying pan full of soot. Used soil and sand to scrub scrub. We were very good at that!!!! All of the soot came out. ;)

:) I think this shot rocks.

Gay!!! Tent-mates!
Then cousteau practiced for the mini performance for elton. Farnaye
After all that, we had another mini gathering! Elton was real eggcited to see the performance and was preparing to play his guitar.

Unglam, HAH. Sang and sang and sang while he strummed and strummed and strummed his guitar and we swayed and swayed and swayed together arms linked. Heartwarming. Cousteau Love. I swear I saw the other instructors smiling at us, somewhat impressed. shit shit shit shit shit nostalgia. One week ago.

COUSTEAU(Cousteau, GO GO!!!!!!!!) Y