Sunday, August 17, 2008
11:19 AM
Day 9 - 4x100 Medley
Libby Trickett anchor swimmer wins it!
Aus takes gold for 4x100 Medley Relay.Men 4x100 Medley Relay
Aaron Peirsol leads team with backstroke, followed by Brendan Hansen swimming breaststroke.
Butterfly as third leg in relay. Does magic time and time again, fighting off the Australian.
Jason Lezak challenged by Eamon Sullivan...

but still leads and is the first anchor swimmer to touch home!!
8TH GOLD

"It wouldn't have been possible without the help of my teammates." Phelps said. "For the three Olympics I've been a part of, this is by far the closest men's team that we've ever had. I didn't know everybody coming into this Olympics, but I feel going out I know every single person very well. The team that we had is the difference."

Gr8est Olympian
He was specially mentioned during the announcement for setting 7 world records and 1 olympic record. 8 GOLDS.
Beat that?
Mum and sister
US relay team, Gold, breaking world record

Greatest Olympian, embraced by the world.
"She just said, 'Congratulations'. She started crying, I started crying, and then my sister started crying..."