" It would be good for the sport if he loses. It'd be good for him if he loses, it would be nice if historians talk about phelps winning seven gold medals and losing the eight to some guy. I'd like to be that guy".
And huiyan says:
TOO BAD
NOW HISTORIANS ARE SAYING "PHELPS WON BY 0.01 SECOND TO SOME SHORT-HANDED GUY"
Good one!!
100m Butterfly Finals
Phelps said Cavic's words before the race fueled him. -"What really fired me up beforehand, you know, Cavic said it'd be good for swimming and good for me if he won. And that fired me up more than anything."
Phelps, who was seventh out of eight swimmers at the first wall but made up ground with his turn, still looked to be behind Cavic in the final meters. It was so scary because for once, I honestly feared and thought, Phelps wouldn't clinch a Gold.
Less than 1m left!
The last few meters were so intense( Heart was pounding, was stamping feet on ground, chanting go Phelps go Phelps) because Phelps (left)was still behind Cavic (right)

Once again, he never fails to triumph! Touched home a mere 0.01 second before Cavic. Almost died of heart attack. It was too crazy a race.

Thank god for his long hands(actually his half a stroke)?? HAHA. He is a legend


"I'm at a loss for words. I had no idea the race was that close. I was lucky enough to get my hands on the wall first."

7TH and counting!
Cavic's coach filed a protest after the race, according to NBC reporter Andrea Kremer, but FINA, swimming's world governing body, refused to accept it. Better luck next time Cavic ^^ ~
Lady Luck's on Phelp's side. The world's on Phelp's side. Or at least Phelp's Fans.
7 down, 1 more Gold to Go!!